Extended Project Qualification
Level: Level 3 Extended Project Qualification
Entry Requirements: Students who have successfully completed 2 or more Level 3 qualifications or as a 4th option in Year 13.
The Extended Project Qualification helps you to develop broader study and project management skills whilst giving you the opportunity to research into the area of your choice. Students in the past have researched everything from football to cake making, computer games to the death penalty.
It is an extremely well respected qualification particularly amongst top universities, who take it into consideration as part of university offers. It can also be an opportunity to do research into area related to a future career, giving you an edge at interview and a deeper understanding of your chosen work sector.
The course will help you to develop a range of key skills including:
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Presentation Skills
You will be given the opportunity to research your chosen topic in depth, and from this research you will either create a 5000 report OR a 2000 report and an artefact.
Comments from previous students:
- ‘EPQ really helped prepare me for university study, I have already used Harvard Referencing in my course, and was one of the few students who knew how to do it’- Jessica Hillyard (2014)
- ‘I really enjoyed the freedom to study a subject of my choice and loved being able to focus on ballet’ – Abigail Smallwood (2013)
Examples of previous project titles:
- Do the Feminist values held by Post-Modern poet Carol Ann Duffy influence the way in which her poetry is received?
- Are Ex Racehorses better suited for cross country or showjumping in terms of anatomy?
- Whether training techniques used by Olympic sprint cyclists affect the likeliness of them reaching the Olympics.
- Is childhood disappearing or is it just simply changing? A comparison of family and media influences.
This qualification can help with both university and work based onward routes. The independent study skills learnt will help prepare you for the demands of university study, whilst the project management and time management skills are excellent preparation for the workplace.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.