Charlton Football Academy
The Post 16 Academy is aimed at male and female students aged between 16 and 18 years old, who are interested in combining their academic studies with the life of a professional footballer.
The Academy is a two-year, full time course that provides you with the opportunity to participate in a professional coaching and games programme, without disrupting your academic studies. The course is designed for students with aspirations of playing football at a higher standard, or for those who wish to develop as a player while completing your studies.
With links to clubs at all levels within the football pyramid, as well as very broad range of subjects on offer, the Post 16 Academy is a unique package.
All students will be required to attend assessment training sessions prior to being offered a place within the Academy. In addition to this, successful applicants must obtain the relevant grades to enrol within Future Schools Trust (FST) Sixth Form. Students who are offered a place on the programme, which is fully funded by FST, will be required to purchase suitable footwear for training and games, as well as subsided training kit.
The Post 16 Academy aims to:
- Create and develop well-mannered individuals, who demonstrate self-confidence, determination, modesty and respect
- Provide a unique opportunity to young students within the local community
- Develop and improve players’ technical and tactical understanding of the game
- Improve and enhance students’ physical fitness
- Ensure players are nurtured and supported to aid development and completion to highest standards possible for each student.
- Expose students to an environment that is able to challenge and stretch their learning.
- Encourage students to continue within education using football as the medium to stay engaged
- Help raise standards in academic achievement at Post 16
- Support lifelong learning skills, such as team work, discipline, responsibility and co-operation
- Improve students’ mental approach to improve performance
- Promote self-discipline and good sportsmanship
Post 16 Academy package includes:
- Fully comprehensive educational courses that have been timetabled to compliment your training and games programme
- UEFA qualified coaches who are actively working within a Professional Football Club Academy environment
- Weekly training and games programmes
- Opportunities to gain additional qualifications. such as FA Level 1, First Aid and Safeguarding qualifications.
- Unique and bespoke training and playing kit
- Support and advice around nutrition, diet and healthier lifestyles
Trial Dates and Times:
- Saturday 18th March, 10am – 12pm
- Thursday 20th April, 5pm – 7pm
- Wednesday 24th May, 5pm – 7pm
Male and Female. Must be aged between 16-18. Players will need to come ready to play with sessions held on Grass
Venue and Meeting Point:
Main Reception at New Line Learning Academy, Boughton Lane, Loose, Maidstone ME15 9QL
How to Register/Apply:
To register your interest and book a place at the trials please do so by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Name
- Contact Number (Home and mobile)
- Email Address
- Predicted Grades (English and Maths)
- Playing Position