Our Values and Ethos
We prepare young people for successful and fulfilling lives
To achieve our vision we have driven an expectation and ethos for learning and self development throughout the organization. We have built a unique combination of people, curriculum offer, facilities, and support processes that ensure:
• Outstanding progress and achievement for all our young people;
• Well-being is prioritised and young people are safe, healthy and supported;
• Inspirational staff want to work with us and are supported to continuously develop their own skills;
• We know our young people, treat them as individuals and seek to instill core British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of others;
• Our curriculum meets the needs of all our young people and reflects the wider economic environment, securing future employability;
• We provide all-through nursery, primary and secondary education that serves the local community;
• Our modern, engaging and specialist learning environments stimulate learning in an age of technology.
Progress and achievement
All of our learners are supported to reach their academic, creative and wider potential, as measured by national standards and by our schools’ high expectations, to allow them to successfully progress onto relevant further and higher education and rewarding employment.
Children have a right to be protected, cared for and have the best outcomes. Safeguarding is a priority and we teach our young people how to keep themselves safe and healthy. We provide nurture groups and model respectful relationships that support the development of positive character traits and emotional intelligence. We aim to develop rounded, happy and fulfilled young people and adults.
Teachers routinely employ outstanding practice to motivate young people and ensure the emphasis is on active and autonomous learning. We believe in lifelong learning for staff and students. We reward good performance thereby encouraging staff commitment and retention. Our support staff provide a wide range of skills to enhance the learning and development of our students.
Knowing our young people
We are led by young people in adapting to meet their needs with personalised programmes and use rich data sources to map need, progress and outcomes. Critically we aim to develop student engagement and an appetite for learning. Through-out school life the British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of others are explored and underpin practice to provide a moral framework.
We provide a rich and diverse curriculum to harness the talents of every young person. Our high expectations include fostering creative thinkers, inquisitive learners, problem solvers with flexible skills, successful communicators, and effective collaborators. Digital competence and literacy is a key element of learning for everyone.
All-through schools serving the local community
We provide for 0 to 18 years with enhanced family support through our nursery, primary and secondary schools and after school clubs. We believe early intervention and seamless transitions secure the best outcomes. We work in partnership with parents, carers, the extended community and other education providers to deliver the best results.
Modern learning environments
Our stimulating Plaza spaces alongside our traditional teaching areas and ubiquitous use of modern technology, encourages positive attitudes to learning and allows both focused concentration and group work. This unique environment supports the development of knowledge and high level skills we aspire to for our young people.