Who are we?
- Mr P Sheehan
- Miss H Vass
- Mrs S Patridge
- Mr A Heinemann
- Mr N Bell
- Mr D Stevens
- Mrs R Dobson
- Mr R Wilkinson
What we do in KS3:
- Year 7: Sikhism, Christianity, Hinduism
- Year 8: Philosophy, Ethics, Christianity
What we do in KS4:
We look at the impact of Religion on Society. In particular we look at how religion influences Art, Architecture, Music and Literature.
What we do in KS5:
We look at two units -
- Philosophy and Religion
- KS3: End of unit assessments and then end of year exams
- KS4: Exam at the end of Year 9 (90mins) and one exam at the end of year 10 (90mins)
- KS5: Two modules sat in the summer term on Philosophy of Religion and New Testament
- KS3: Termly blended projects set as homework.
- KS4: Two exams at the end of Year 11 (2 x 90mins)
- KS5: Two modules sat in the summer term on Philosophy of Religion and Ethics
Skills gained for the future:
Religious Education is a vital part of education. We find Religion everywhere in the 21st century - on television, in film, in popular music, architecture, and in our towns and neighbourhoods. The world is a diverse and unique place and through the study of Religious Education we can challenge the stereotypical views of things and people. It’s up to us to learn about our country and the world – Religious Education calls out for a better understanding. You will have the opportunities to visit Canterbury Cathedral, Highgate Cemetery, Regent's Park Mosque, and enjoy an evening watching The National Bhangra dance competition 2013 at the HMV Apollo Theatre in London to broaden your horizons. So let’s study and enjoy Religious Education, enlighten ourselves and above all – BE INSPIRED!
How to find out more information:
- KS3: https://cws.futureschoolstrust.com/curriculum/humanities/re/Year%207/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- KS4: https://cws.futureschoolstrust.com/curriculum/humanities/re/GCSE%20%20Short%20Course/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- KS5: https://cws.futureschoolstrust.com/curriculum/humanities/re/AS%20RS%20%20Philosophy%20of%20Religion/Forms/AllItems.aspx
Congratulations to all of our Sixth Form students! We wish you all the best for the future! https://t.co/ujOkG6c7dI
It's results day! Sixth Form students can collect their results from the sports hall between 10am and 12pm today. W… https://t.co/2IyOCOyA6R
6th Form students are welcome to collect their results from the sports hall, between 10am-12pm tomorrow (Thursday,… https://t.co/xQtSTEIXOf
24 August 2017 10:00