Who We Are
Mr Michael Watts – Head of Computing
Miss Michelle Moss – Teacher of Computing
Miss Verity Cox – Teacher of Computing
Mrs Helen Conway – Teacher of Computing
Mr Donald Sesay – Teacher of Computing
Key Stage 3
All students in Years 7 and 8 have 1 lesson of Computing per week. Students learn a variety of skills including computer programming, game design and computing fundamentals.
Key Stage 4
All students in Year 9 study Computing, building on what they have learnt in Years 7 and 8, and working towards the Edexcel GCSE in Computer Science.
The course covers a range of topics, including programming, database design, graphic design, spreadsheets and computing fundamentals.
Key Stage 5
In Year 12, students who have successfully completed the Computing GCSE can choose to continue their study with the OCR Computing A-level. This course builds on the programming and computing fundamentals work of the earlier course
In Years 7 and 8, assessment is completed through class work and end of term exams.
The GCSE Computer Science course consists of a written exam, worth 75% of the overall grade and a Controlled Assessment project worth the remaining 25%. Both of these are completed in Year 11.
The Computing A-level course is assessed in 2 exams at the end of the first year, worth 25% each of the final A2 grade, with a further exam, worth 30% and practical coursework project worth 20% in the second year.
Students learn a variety of problem solving skills, application and design skills. These can easily be put to work in the vast majority of jobs, giving students an array of opportunities in the work place.
Find out more
You can find out more information please email the Head of Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.